1 What are the Benefits of Treatment? Read More
- This drugless, non-invasive approach is effective on both recent and long term health conditions, whether resulting from a sports injury in the last week, or an accident many years ago.Our approach at the clinic aims at restoring function, reducing or eliminating symptoms by understanding how the brain has responded to incidents through life, and results in a faster overall recovery. The treatment targets to improve overall physical and mental function which then addresses the source of multiple symptoms, rather than having a different therapy for each symptom.
Since it was founded in 1997, the clinic achieves an 85% success rate, and with patients with chronic and complex conditions. Most of these patients had already tried multiple therapies, without success, before coming to NeuroKinetics.
The treatment addresses a wide range of symptoms: physical, cognitive, emotional, and intellectual. Benefits can include reduction of chronic pain, improvement of function, better clarity of focus and thought, stronger balance and coordination, an increase in energy, and better sleep.
2 Who can Benefit from NeuroKinetics Treatment? Read More
- Many conditions will respond to this approach. The best way to determine if this applies to you is to schedule a Suitability Assessment. This mini-assessment will show whether this approach is suitable for you.This approach also works well for sports and work related injuries, where timely return to activity is important.
3 Do I Need A Medical Referral to Get Treated at NeuroKinetics? Read More
- A doctor’s referral is not required. We are a private clinic so you can book your appointment when you are ready. No long waiting lists.
4 What are Examples of Conditions that NeuroKinetics Can Treat? Read More
- We have successfully treated the following issues.
Muscular Sclerosis (MS), when it is a syndrome
Post Concussion Syndrome
Attention Deficit Disorder/Hyperactivity (ADD or ADHD)
Head and Back Injuries
Sleep problems, insomnia
5 Will This Help Me? Read More
- For recent, or acute, conditions we can help speed the healing process.For long term, or chronic and complex, conditions, we would first need a General Consultation and Suitability Assessment. This is a short 1 hour review and testing which will provide an indication for both us and you as to whether your condition is responsive to this approach. It is the starting point for all the treatment programs.
6 How is NeuroKinetics Different from Other Types of Medical Treatments Available? Read More
- The treatments are non-invasive and drug-free.
- Has been successfully used in a clinical setting for over 30 years. Patients see an 85% success rate across symptoms.
- Know whether your condition is responsive to this approach before you start. Our assessments measure before and after levels of function on key areas before any treatment is started.
- One treatment program addresses multiple symptoms. Our focus is the brain and the specific areas that control our ability to function. When the brain isn’t working right, it affects multiple areas. So, fixing the brain, using gentle stimulation that is specific to you, can solve these.
- Neuroplasticity can work for you. Neuroplasticity is the ability of the physical areas of the brain to change. This is one of the facts about your brain that we rely on to help you.
- Integrated approach is more effective for chronic conditions. Our treatment approach is based on several areas of medicine including neuroscience, rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, aerospace medicine, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, homeopathy, posturology, and bioengineering.
- Let leading edge medicine work for you.
7 What Services are Offered at NeuroKinetics? Read More
- You can receive advanced acupuncture, prolotherapy, mesotherapy, treatment program for chronic health conditions, trauma, concussions, and sports injuries. We provide can also provide medical-legal assessments and reports.
8 What Should I Expect when I visit NeuroKinetics? Read More
- We aim to provide for you welcoming, comfortable office, professional, friendly staff, thorough interview with your assessments, and advanced therapies to help you.
9 Where Are You Located? Read More
- We are located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Address, map and ways to contact us are here.
10 Do You Serve Out of Town Patients? Read More
- A majority of patients are not local to the clinic. A snapshot of patients traveled from the following areas.
- 25% within Vancouver area
- 35% outside Vancouver
- 25% outside BC
- 15% outside Canada
- For out of town patients, we can often modify the series of treatments into groups. For example, rather than coming 2 times a week for a month, an out of town patient may travel to Vancouver for a week for intensive treatment, and return home for the remainder of the month. Ask us for more information if you would like to look into this option.
11 Do You Work With Legal Cases? Read More
- Yes, we can work with you and your law firm to complete assessments and prepare medical legal reports.
12 How Much Time is Required for Recovery and Treatment? Read More
- Time required for recovery and treatment programs is usually different for each person.
For acute or recent conditions, treatment may range from only a few sessions to a couple weeks of treatment, and in rare cases up 12 weeks.
For chronic or long term and complex conditions, there is a minimum of 3 months treatment program. These 12 weeks are required with respect to reaching a “neurophysiological stabilization threshold” or time for the brain to remember the new “good” state.
Time since injury is does not prevent treatability, but it can add complexity.
The more complex the condition, the longer the treatment will need to be, as there are more “layers” of symptoms that have accumulated that need to be addressed.
Once the treatment is completed, follow up appointments may be recommended at 3 to 12 month intervals to check on progress and to provide tune ups as needed.
13 What is the Cost for Treatment? Read More
- Because every patient is unique, treatment programs must be customized to the requirements of the condition, and services and associated fees may vary. Please contact our office for more information on general pricing.
We can assist with an estimate after we have completed an assessment and know more about what may be involved to assist you.
14 Are Your Services Covered by Insurance? Read More
- The clinic at NeuroKinetics Health Services (B.C.), Inc. is a private health and medical care facility. Our services are not covered under the Canadian Medical Services Plan (MSP). However, some private insurance programs may cover portions of the fees.
15 How Does the NeuroKinetics Treatment Approach Work? Read More
- NeuroKinetics treatment approach focuses on how the brain has responded to the stressors and incidents in life and treating those areas. This involves non-invasive drug-free, gentle stimulation of certain areas of the brain. Their objective is to reset and “jump start” the function of the overwhelmed neural “circuits” thereby restoring normal function in the areas they regulate.
16 Are There Effects or Risks Involved with the Treatment? Read More
- There are no side effects. Patients should also be aware that the healing process may make them require more sleep, or some lifestyle changes to support the detoxification process and restorative effects stimulated by the treatment. We rely on patient cooperation with the recommendations given during the treatment program.
17 Is NeuroKinetics Treatment Compatible with Other Therapies? Read More
- Yes. Our treatments can be successfully combined with other therapies, once these are reviewed for compatibility.
18 What Are Your Credentials? Read More
- NeuroKinetics is based on an extensive background. Please refer to the resume and biography for Philippe A. Souvestre, MD (France), President and Founder.
19 What is Postural Deficiency Syndrome (PDS)? Read More
- PDS is a chronic disabling condition with symptoms similar to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and always as a group of symptoms.
Symptoms can include dizziness, pain, headaches, balance problems, dizziness, nausea, difficulty with seeing, poor awareness of surroundings, circulatory disorders, fatigue, poor concentration, loss of memory, anxiety, and depression.
Further reading selections can be found at the following links: